Archive for March, 2011
2004 would have been… Gates/Omens time, I guess, when a lot of people left; EQ2 started, WoW started – and SOE leadership had been a disaster, with GoD so hated by normal players. New since then: (continue reading…)
Started at the fifth anniversary, these are all activated every year (so far). Before then there were various special events that haven’t been repeated.
The ones worth doing are: Sixth (exp potion), Ninth (PoK gate) – for melees, Tenth (title, exp potions, mount), and possibly the 11th/12th, for factions and augs, depending on the quality of gear.
- Fifth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (Classic) Staff of Endless Adventure, firework clickie
- Sixth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (Kunark) Ceremonial Elixir of Scholarship one time only exp potion
- Seventh Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (Dragons) (Velious) Draconic Cane of the Everlasting yet another firework clickie
(etc for Coldain and Giants)
- Eighth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (Luclin) Lunar Fungus familiar with water breathing effect
- Ninth Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (Planes of Power) Brick of Knowledge Knowledge Gate, need to be level 60+ (?) to enter Tactics
- Tenth Anniversary: Deity Favors “Favored of the Gods” title, Shiny New Collapsible Roboboar, Cloth Cap swarm pet clickie, exp potions, choices of other potions, firework clickies, and Bristlebane’s Party Generator (summon stat food, etc)
- Eleventh Anniversary (solo/group/raid tasks) Gifts of Steel (Solo) faction and aug (AC 10-30, HME 80)
Stealing My Life Back (Group) faction and items
Steel Behemoths (Raid) augs, faction, chest
- Twelfth Anniversary: (solo/group/raid tasks) Hunt of the Shards (Solo) Glowing Lena Fete Rune (aug) (AC 30, HME 135)
Infiltrating the Guardian (Group) aug, items faction
The Mechamatic Guardian (Raid)
What are “Hot Zones”?
These are zones that SOE want to encourage traffic to; in their announcement, they claimed that a Paludal Caverns level of experience could be maintained all the way up to 60. (continue reading…)
These drop in the Elemental planes, during the Fabled period (typically March 16 – April 16), and are considered among the best, if not the best, weapons for their class for 75-79. (continue reading…)
This is a guide for current and returning players, who may be mystified as to what opportunities to advance their characters shouldn’t be missed. As many of these opportunities are from old expansions, and SOE’s crazy mudflation makes many things much easier over time, I will try to give suggestions as to when best to do these things. (continue reading…)